A full head of hair is a sign of your health and good genes, so why to hide this treasure from the world? You may be lucky to adopt one of those wash-scrunch-and-go dos which won’t dare to put on you any styling pressure at all. Here are 5 effortless and eye-catching styles for men who opt to sport their long locks with style.
1. Twist In Bun
Here’s one that can work even for those who are just about to work it into a ponytail. That’s actually what it is: two sections, divided and twisted loosely, joined into a low pony and then twirled in a sort of quick sloppy knot. Let the tips stick out, for a totally chilled-out vibe.
2. Half Up Pony
If this look reminds you of Brad Pitt or Kurt Cobain, you've got it nailed. It's a 90's style semi-bun which requires you to only pull up half of your hair. It's simple, divide your hair into two sections horizontally then tie the upper section with a headband.
3. The Semi-Bun
It's not a full bun, because the tips of the hair are not twirled inside, but left out in a 'devil may care' kind of style choice. It's the type of style you'd expect from a laid back Californian surfer but it looks just as good on urban males, too.
4. Loose Bun
Pull your hair back and a bit up, then tie in to a sloppy pony tail and make a sloppy knot. Let the ends stick out - you don't need a perfect bun. The point is to make a rugged look, which suggests you just woke up. This guy's opted for a little color too for added effect.
5. Beach Waves
This naturally rough hairstyle, usually associated with holiday time can also look pretty suave on formal dress. You;ll want to let your hair dry naturally for this on, then rub through some light product to add some weight which will hold your hair the way you want it to sit.
- Men with feminine facial features may like to grow a beard to match the long hair. Whether you decide to wear a three-day designer beard or a long beard, the facial hair is going to give you the desired masculine look.
- Long hair may interfere with athletic activities. Simply use a thin headband to hold the hair back or gather your hair in a neck ponytail using a scrunchy.
- For a casual look the long hair of men should never look freshly blow-dried. Men should therefore allow their long hair to air-dry. This keeps the hair healthier anyway.
- Men who change to a long hairstyle need sufficiently full hair and patience. Particularly difficult is the transitional phase, in which the hair is not quite long enough for sweeping it behind the ears.
- Whatever hairstyle you prefer, hair needs proper care. Casual is not to be mistaken for a raggle-taggle appearance.
Amsterdam community Forum
Festivals: Top 5 Festivals for your next Eurotrip
Amsterdam: Top 5 Waterfront Canal hangouts
Thailand: Mainland Must-do's and Western Island Wonders
What To Do In Amsterdam: An Expat's Top Picks